WELCOME

Curious about HCG? Doing the protocol yourself? Read about my experiences here.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Thoughts and Feelings at the Halfway Point

Several years ago when my naturopathic doctor suggested I go on the HCG protocol, I told him I did it as a teen and it doesn’t work for me. I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and do it again. Truthfully, the first two days of gorging have probably been the most difficult days for me. I had looked forward to eating all the things I normally don’t allow myself, but instead of enjoyment, I felt sick to my stomach. I use the homeopathic HCG (HHCG) and it is easy, inexpensive and very user friendly. I thought I’d be hungry and dreaded eating only 500 calories a day, but I have not experienced any hunger. Mouth hunger, yes, when I wanted to chew something…so on those days I made sure to choose raw fennel, celery or cabbage as my vegetable so I could experience lots of chewing.

            Exercise is not recommended but I wanted to continue with my daily walks. Looking at my food/weight log, I notice that my larger losses have been on the days when I didn’t walk or exercise. Now I have an excuse not to! My dogs are missing their daily walks, though, so I still plan to take short walks with them.
            My goal is to get down to 120 pounds. Once, as a young adult in my 30s, I weighed less than this. At that time I had followed a specific food plan in the 12 Step Recovery group I was in and got down to 110 pounds. For one day. Really, for one day. The next morning I got on the scale and it was up a bit and I rationalized it, believing that it was just a fluctuation. Haha. It never went back down that low again. Ever. My usual feeling good weight was around 130, so 120 would be a totally new experience and a thrill. By the way, I am only 5 feet tall and the charts say I should weigh 113-126. That would be realllllly nice and I am not far off!

No comments:

Post a Comment